Posted By Paul Tate, February 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM, in Category: The Innovative Enterprise
Content for this webcast is provided by Manufacturing Executive and the Cambridge University Institute for Manufacturing This Webcast is Sponsored By Cicsco
Date: March 02, 2011
Time: 11:00 AM EST
Uncertainty is one of the biggest challenges facing manufacturers and their supply chains. Events such as the global economic crisis and recent political instability in the Middle East demonstrate the need for long-term strategy to mitigate risk to global manufacturing and supply networks.
Global markets are forcing both established and emerging companies to manage manufacturing and supply networks on an international basis, and to continuously re-examine their current networks in order to respond to global risks and uncertainties.
The Webinar will cover:
- How supply chain footprint strategy is important and the benefits it can bring.
- The IfM’s unique approach to global manufacturing and supply networks and real-life applications.
- A case study from U.S.-based Caterpillar, one of the world's leading producers of construction and mining equipment, on how in 2003 it embarked on an ambitious project to reshape its network at a time of complex change.
By attending you will learn:
- Best-in-class approaches taken by leading companies
- How to manage the often complex and conflicting factors impacting global manufacturing and supply networks
- How a number of practical tools can be applied to your business
Principal, Institute for Manufacturing
University of Cambridge
Manager, Global Production Network Planning
Senior Manager, Supply Chain Risk Management
Written by Paul Tate
Paul Tate is Research Director and Executive Editor with Frost & Sullivan's Manufacturing Leadership Council. He also directs the Manufacturing Leadership Council's Board of Governors, the Council's annual Critical Issues Agenda, and the Manufacturing Leadership Research Panel. Follow us on Twitter: @MfgExecutive